I’ve had What Do Women Want? by Daniel Bergner on my shelf for ages now, and I can’t wait to read it with you! Last month we read “Perv” (search “book club” for posts about it!) and it was a bit of a trial run. I’d love for you to read along with me and leave your thoughts! It’s a fun way to get involved and learn something new.
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, here is the rundown:
– Every month I pick a book. There’s a reading schedule posted to the left side of my blog (bottom for mobile.)
– I post weekly-ish updates about the readings, reflecting on the book, posting thoughts, asking questions. I tag them with “book club” so you can find them if you miss them.
– If you’re following along, share your posts about the book, or leave a comment!
Books play a huge role in my blog, and my beliefs in general. It’s important to keep reading, keep learning, expanding your perspective of the world. There are so many interesting books out there that I can’t wait to specifically share 12 of them with you.
Since it’s the end of the month, here’s what I read in January:
- Gorky Park (Arkady Renko, #1)
- Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper
- Divergent (Divergent, #1)
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore
- This Is Between Us
- Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened
- Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us
What did you read this month?
No need to let me know if you’re joining in on book club for February. Just grab the book, procure a bookmark, and get to reading!